We are looking to hire a fashion designer specialising in modest fashion to join our growing design team. You will be responsible for developing your own collection from design concepts right through to production.
Working closely with the Creative Director, you will develop creative ideas and design concepts in line with the goals of the business.
The role is ideal for someone looking to kick start a career in fashion and really make their mark within a fast-paced, growing and most importantly ethical company.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
- Take a product from its initial concept and see it through to completion, ensuring that it embodies key fashion trends and holds strong commercial potential within the modest fashion industry.
- Utilise your comprehensive knowledge of fabrics, fit and quality standards to create designs that meet the highest technical standards, with a high first sample hit rate.
- Stay well-informed about industry trends, customer preferences and the unique identity of the Aab brand. Use this knowledge to provide input and creative ideas to contribute to product development that resonate with our target audience.
- Start to show an understanding of sales history, sales and margin targets and range plans for your designated area of responsibility. Ensure that your designs are strategically aligned to capitalise on commercial opportunities and drive sales growth.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Qualifications or studies relevant to FashionDesign are essential.
- Must be able to provide a portfolio of Design work.
- Knowledge of creating fashion tech packs and pattern grading
- Previous experience as an Junior Designer or equivalent is desirable.
- An interest in modest fashion would be a distinct advantage.
Please note this role is only open to candidates living in the United Kingdom.
If you are looking for a rapidly expanding and exciting company and are motivated by the opportunity to take genuine ownership of your career, then this will be the right move for you.
If you don’t feel this role is quite right for you but think you know someone who might be suitable please pass this advert on.
All CV's with accompanying cover letter should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org